I was originally planning to make these little gems as a Superbowl snack. However, my husband and I stuffed ourselves so completely with burritos at the beginning of the game that we couldn’t handle anything else! I finally took a crack at these when I made the soup I posted the other day and found them to be pretty good little appetizers. If you’re hosting an Oscar party this weekend, these would be an excellent choice!
Best thing about this recipe: it’s wicked fast and easy. Enjoy!
Margherita Polenta Pizzas
Recipe inspired by FitSugar
- Cut the polenta into 1/4 inch slices
- Coat a pan or griddle with olive oil and heat on low
- Place the polenta in the pan or griddle and cook each side until lightly browned (about 5 min, each side)
- Turn the oven on to 350° F
- Slice the tomatoes
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and place the polenta on the sheet. Top each piece with a slice of tomato and cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted
- Top each pizza with a fresh basil leaf and serve (Feel free to add basil before baking, if you prefer)