This is a recipe I bummed off my fabulous friend, Teri. Her son has an extreme allergy to dairy and eggs, so she and I talk vegan tips and tricks on the regular. I’ve actually been jonesing for some cinnamon rolls for quite a while, but haven’t had the time or energy to make any of the recipes I’ve found (the dough for one of them actually required something like six hours in prep time before it was even ready to bake – not happenin’). She mentioned these out of the blue a few weeks ago and I finally got around to making them this past weekend. Consider the spot hit, my friend.
The best part about these is how super quick and easy they are to whip up. I’m talking 15 minutes from start to finish. More than enough time for a weekday morning before school or work.
Quick Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Recipe courtesy of my friend, Teri
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Unroll crescents onto an ungreased, non-stick baking sheet (keep dough intact, one big sheet)
- Spread Earth Balance on dough and top with cinnamon/sugar mix (all to taste)
- Roll dough back up and slice into 1 – 1/2 in. pieces
- Space rolls evenly on baking sheet and bake for ~10 min. Remove as soon as they begin to brown
- Meanwhile add very small amount of water to the powdered sugar and stir to combine. Continue adding water in small amounts until desired consistency is achieved
- Let rolls sit for a few minutes before applying icing
Yield: ~10 mini cinnamon rolls