I know everybody thinks their Grandma makes the best lasagna, but I’ll tell you what: I have never had lasagna from any restaurant or at anyone else’s dinner table that is anywhere near as good as my Grandma’s. For reals!
The changes necessary to veganize this are subtle and do very little to alter the original taste. Try this one out for yourself. It will make a believer out of you, I promise!
Recipe courtesy of Wilma
1/2 lb – 1 lb Match Ground Beef (how much you use is entirely up to you)
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 oz. tomato paste
3 1/2 cups diced tomatoes (canned w/liquid)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
3/4 tsp dried oregano
8 oz. Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles
1 block, Follow Your Heart Mozzarella, shredded
~5 oz., Daiya Mozzarella Shreds
Skinny Bitch, Tofu Ricotta
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cook noodles according to package directions, set aside
- Combine MatchMeat with garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 min, until browned
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano to pan and stir to combine. Simmer on low heat for about 20 min.
- Prepare Ricotta while sauce simmers
- Layer noodles, ricotta, 1/2 the Follow Your Heart cheese and meat sauce. Repeat twice, using Daiya cheese in the middle layer, ending with sauce on top
- Bake uncovered for 30 min.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for ~5 min. before cutting and serving
Yield: Serves 6