This is the recipe I picked up from Kathy Freston’s appearance on the Ellen show a while back when she and Tal Ronnen whipped these up for a newly veg (maybe?) family. I made a few changes from her original recipe and the next time I make these I think I’ll make a few more, but they were good nonetheless.
Now I gotta run. I’m busy!
Gardein Beef(less) Tacos
Recipe courtesy of kathyfreston.com
1 bag of Gardein beefless tips
6 small whole-wheat tortillas
1 cup cooked corn
1 head shredded romaine lettuce
1/3 cup prepared green salsa*
1 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp minced garlic
pinch sea salt
pinch black pepper
*I don’t care for green salsa, so I blended up some pico and used that instead. I don’t know how much that might have changed the flavor.
- Marinate thawed beefless tips for 20 min.
- Heat stainless steel saute pan (or whatever you have), add oil and sear beefless tips for 3 min on each side
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas
- Put tips in middle of tortilla with guacamole, romaine lettuce and corn (we also added some additional pico) and fold
- Garnish with green onions, chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges
Yield: Serves 2-3